CSES has extensive experience in business and innovation support services. Work has involved strategic reviews of existing business support provision at European, national, regional and local level and the provision of advice on setting up new business support structures.
In addition to an understanding of business and innovation support structures and organisations, work in this field requires a good knowledge of different types of interventions - financial support, advisory services, training, innovation and technology, etc. CSES has the breadth of expertise and know-how to cover these and other fields.
Please contact Mike Coyne for further information with regard to CSES’ work in the area of business and innovation support services and enterprise policy.
Examples of our work in the area of business innovation support services include:
- West Midlands Business Support Services - this work for Advantage West Midlands assessed the role of business support services in supporting the development of 10 key clusters/sectors. The study examined how these might be strengthened.
- Evaluation of Euro Info Centres - the CSES team carried out a study for the Department of Trade & Industry to evaluate the performance of the UK Euro Info Centre (EIC) network and their future role in light of the establishment of Business Links.
- Management of Euro Info Centres Information Network – a CSES Partner was formerly director of the information support service (Technical Assistance Office) for the network which was based in Brussels. Achievements included the initiation and management of a programme to improve the knowledge and expertise of EICs in delivering specialised services in areas such as innovation support, public procurement, environmental and health and safety awareness.
- Making IPR Work for SMEs – CSES assisted the IPR Enforcement Expert Group supported by DG Enterprise in identifying and analysing good practices in supporting SMEs in the development and enforcement of intellectual property rights and in formulating recommendations for policy makers and support agencies.
- Business support organisations, Structural Funds and SMEs - as part of an EU-wide study for the European Commission, CSES examined the role of business support organisations in different countries and the role of the Structural Funds in supporting their activities.