Our European work primarily consists of evaluations, impact assessments and other technical studies. CSES has undertaken an extensive range of work for EU clients including:
1. EU INSTITUTIONS
- European Commission
- European Parliament
- EU Agencies
- The European Investment Bank
- The Committee of the Regions
2. EUROPEAN COMMISSION
- DG Education and Culture
- DG Employment and Social Affairs
- DG Environment
- DG Grow (Internal Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs)
- DG Health and Food Safety
- DG Justice and Consumers
- DG Migration and Home Affairs
- DG Regional and Urban Policy
- DG Research and Innovation
3. EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT
CSES has carried out several research and study assignments for the European Parliament. Among these are a study on the role of national promotional banks in implementing EU financial instruments, a study on the cost of non-agencies, a review and assessment of Horizon 2020, a briefing note on the recovery of rare earths from electronic wastes and a study on "Industry 4.0”. The specific Parliamentary Committees and Directorates-General that we have worked for (and/or are on Framework Contracts with) are:
- Directorate-General for Internal Policies, Directorate A – Economic and Scientific Policies (themes: Industrial Policy).
- Directorate C – Impact Assessment and European Added Value Service (themes: Environment, Public Health, Food Safety, Employment and Social Affairs).
- European Parliament Committee on Budgets
- European Parliament Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE)
4. EU AGENCIES
CSES has developed a detailed knowledge and understanding of how EU (and Executive) Agencies operate and of the different subject matters and programmes that they are responsible for implementing. Among the EU agencies that we have worked for are:
- The European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction (EMCDDA)
- European Agency for Health & Safety at Work (EU-OSHA)
- European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions (EUROFOUND)
CSES has also evaluated European networks such as the European Migration Network and European Crime Prevention Network as well as EU Executive Agencies such as the Executive Agency for Competitiveness and Innovation (now EASME).
5. OTHER EU BODIES
In addition, CSES has undertaken several assignments for other EU institutions and bodies. CSES has also provided assistance to the Operations Evaluation Division of the European Investment Bank in the Framework of the Evaluation of the EIB Group’s Contribution to the European Knowledge Economy (2007-2013),
Examples of assignments carried out for the Committee of the Regions (CoR) include briefing and file notes on diverse topics such as the internal market, the impact of migration, social inclusion and homelessness.
6. PRIVATE SECTOR CLIENTS
Private sector clients include an assignment for a major Europe-wide car rental company.