Welcome to the Evaluation of the Ecodesign Directive (2009/125/EC) website.
The evaluation aimed to :
- Assess the effectiveness and utility of the Ecodesign Directive, its development procedures and the results and impacts of its implementation;
- Define the existing barriers and obstacles to optimal application of the Directive and any actions that may need to be taken to eliminate these barriers;
- Provide recommendations to contribute to a review of the Directive;
- Examine the appropriateness of extending the scope of the Directive beyond energy-related products and,
- If an extension is appropriate, provide recommendations on additional products to include and on any necessary modifications of the framework Directive.
A parallel study was conducted on an Amended Ecodesign Working Plan under the Ecodesign Directive, which is also of interest to a wide range of stakeholders. A link to the web site for this study can be accessed by clicking on the study title above.
The final report of the evaluation is now available.
Milestones10 Jan 2011 The evaluation is launched and the Inception phase of the project begins.
01 April 2011 First stakeholder survey launched
20 April 2011 First progress report published
10 May 2011 First stakeholder meeting - Brussels
19 September 2011 First findings report
5 October 2011 Second stakeholder meeting
16 December 2011 Draft final report published
18 January 2012 Third stakeholder meeting
20 February 2012 Final report submitted to the Commission
16 April 2012 Final report published